No smoking in or near the building to create a healthier environment for building occupants.
Access to public transportation: Multiple bus stops within ¼ mile and Amtrak Station within ½ mile walk.
Preferred parking for low-emitting and fuel-efficient vehicles.
Outdoor air delivery monitoring implemented to monitor the quality of air brought in from the outdoors.
Effective recycling system implemented.
At The Terminal, 96.5% of drywall, plastic, metal, wood and other building materials have been recycled, salvaged or donated.
That's 762.2 tons of materials that won't be in a landfill.
LEED-QUALIFYING FEATURES AT THE TERMINAL
- Redevelopment of a brownfield (previously developed) site.
- Located in a dense area that offers many services within walking distance including schools, restaurants, grocery stores, and a park.
- Roofing materials with a high SRI (Solar Reflectance Index) value, reducing Heat Island Effect.
- High-efficiency water fixtures result in 35% more water savings than typical buildings.
- 10% more energy savings than typical buildings through the installation of energy-efficient HVAC equipment and LED lighting.
- Building HVAC and lighting performance energy systems were commissioned to ensure efficient performance.
- Enhanced refrigerant management: no harmful CFC-based refrigerants used.
- 75%+ construction waste diverted from landfill.
- 75%+ building re-use (preservation of embodied energy).
- 100% low-emitting paints, adhesives, sealants, and flooring.
- HVAC systems and building envelope designed for occupant thermal comfort.
- Ventilation system monitoring: more than 30% more outdoor air is provided compared to typical buildings to deliver superior indoor air quality to all occupants.
- The building has implemented Green Cleaning and Integrated Pest Management policies to ensure the consistent use of safer cleaning products and pest management practices for all occupants.
- Walk, bike, or take public transportation to reduce CO2 emissions while getting around.
- Use reusable bags and recycle all plastics, glass, cans, and paper products.
- Tenants should turn off lights when not in use and program the thermostat for when they are away.
- Tenants should turn off all electronics, appliances, and lights when not in use to reduce overall energy demand.