The new garage at the 16th Street end of the project is starting to take shape. Once completed, this garage will have 178 parking stalls.
- Anticipated construction activities include:
- Continue garage foundations
- Basement-level window well infill in Mulberry Way
- Restore Mulberry Way
- Pour concrete for 17th Street parking ramp
- Shoring installation for Duquesne Light vault at 17th/Smallman
The improvements to the Smallman Street side of the building are well underway. Now there will be lots of new space for visitors to dine, stroll and hang out.
Anticipated construction activities include:
- Continue repairs on Smallman Street low roof
- Install storefront frames in loading dock doors and lower clerestory
- Install wire frame glass in upper clerestory
- Start curbs and install light poles on Smallman Street
- Continue pouring dock extension along Smallman
Don’t forget that this Saturday is the 100th Anniversary Veteran’s Day parade which will start at 10:30am. The parade begins on Liberty Avenue at 10th Street. Participants will march down Liberty Avenue toward Commonwealth Place. It ends at Liberty and Commonwealth by Point State Park.
Road closures go into effect at 7 a.m. The parade begins at 10:30 a.m.
There’s no parking through Friday on: Commonwealth Place between Fort Pitt Boulevard and Fort Duquesne Boulevard
There will be no parking after 7 a.m. on Friday on:
Liberty Avenue between Grant Street and Commonwealth Place Boulevard of the Allies between Grant and Stanwix Streets, Stanwix between Forbes Avenue and Fort Pitt Boulevard. Smithfield between Seventh Avenue and Liberty. All numbered streets in the Strip District from 10th to 26th streets between Penn and Liberty.
No-parking signs are posted.
Streets will reopen after the conclusion of the parade.