Thanks to all who participated in the Groundbreaking for the Produce Terminal and 1600 Smallman! It was a beautiful day and we loved seeing all of the different folks who have been involved in bringing these projects to life.
Produce Terminal Anticipated Activities
- Demolition of the Smallman Street hardscape areas will take place at the 16th Street end.
- Foundation work for the Smallman Street hardscape at 16th Street end will commence.
- Masonry and lintel repairs are ongoing.
Produce Terminal Milestone Schedule Update
- Phase 1 delivery to tenants 10/23/2019
- Phase 1 substantial completion 12/0/2019
- Phase 2 delivery to tenants 11/20/2019
- Phase 2 substantial completion 12/30/2019
- Phase 3 delivery to tenants 12/26/2019
- Phase 3 substantial completion 1/30/2020
- Phase 4 delivery to tenants 7/15/2020
- Phase 4 substantial completion 8/7/2020
1600 Smallman Anticipated Activities
- A crane will be removing structures off of the roof.
- Masonry repairs on Smallman Street will be ongoing.
1600 Smallman Milestone Schedule Update
- Retail delivery to tenants 2/7/2020
- Office delivery to tenants 2/13/2020
- Basement parking and main lobby turnover 4/10/2020
- Retail delivery to tenants 6/8/2020
- Parking turnover 6/8/2020
- Substantial completion of the project 6/8/2020
Contemporary Craft Happenings
Craft your Friday night away at Contemporary Craft with CRAFTS & DRAFTS: Yarn Bombing 101 on July 12, 6 – 9PM! Meet the Fiberarts Guild of Pittsburgh Yarn Bombers, who will introduce you to the world of yarn bombing and the tricks behind this craftivism movement, as well as simple crochet techniques. You make colorful crocheted yarn artworks that you can use to yarn bomb Contemporary Craft’s front entrance or take home to decorate your room. Tuition: $35 with all materials and two complimentary beverages included! Must be 21+ to attend this workshop. Register online at: https://contemporarycraft.org/education/.